Château de Beaucastel
The first evidence of Château de Beaucastel as it exists today is in the sixteenth century. In 1549, Pierre de Beaucastel bought a “barn with a plot of land extending to 52 saumées at Coudoulet.” The manor house was then built with the arms of Beaucastel sculpted on a stone wall of the drawing room. In 1687, de Beaucastel was appointed “Capitaine de la ville de Courthezon” by Louis XIV in recognition of his conversion to Catholicism. Louis XIV’s letter, also signed by Colbert, is still visible at the Château. In 1909, Pierre Traminer bought the estate and then transferred it to his son-in-law Pierre Perrin, a scientist who further developed Beaucastel. His son, Jacques, continued his father’s efforts until 1978 and gave its noble letters to the wine. Today, the torch is being carried by Jean-Pierre and François, Jacques’ sons. Marc, Pierre, Thomas, Cécile, Charles, Matthieu, and César, the fifth generation, work with them today. Beaucastel is, first of all, a family story, the story of Famille Perrin. Their main strength is being able to blend the talents of each family member to run the wine estate under common values: absolute respect for land and terroir; biodynamic culture as a philosophy of life; and the research of truth, balance, and elegance.
Please Note: Brand profiles are neither created nor managed by SevenFifty. We cannot guarantee the quality of the information provided.