Delamotte was founded in Reims in 1760 by François Delamotte, a vineyard owner. At more than 250 years old, it is the fifth oldest house in Champagne. Alexandre Delamotte brought the cellars, caves, and offices of the House of Delamotte to one beautiful mansion at the end of the 18th century and in 1828, his brother, Nicolas Louis Delamotte, also known as the Chevalier Delamotte Barrachin, assumed management of the House. In his tenure with the Chamber of Commerce, Nicolas was well known for hosting spectacular events, namely the coronation of France’s last king, Charles X. The House was sold to the Lanson family in the 1830s, who later started producing a Lanson label. It was eventually acquired by Marie-Louise de Nonancourt, née Lanson, in the period between the two World Wars. In 1927, Marie-Louise made the decision to transfer the activities of the house of Delamottte to Le Mesnil-sur-Oger. The management of the company was entrusted to the capable hands of Marie-Louise’s youngest son, Charles de Nonancourt. It was Charles who established the golden rules for the business: ensure a consistent quality by purposefully limiting production and maintain at least three harvests in the cellars at all times. In 1988, the House of Delamotte joined forces with the still enigmatic Champagne Salon under the umbrella of the parent company, Laurent-Perrier, led by Charles’ brother, Bernard. Today, the House of Delamotte and its sister company Champagne Salon are under the direction of Didier Depond.
Please Note: Brand profiles are neither created nor managed by SevenFifty. We cannot guarantee the quality of the information provided.