Domaine François Carillon
The Carillon family domaine dates back to the 16th century. The winemaking tradition has been passed down from father to son since 1632, when a Carillon viticulteur is recorded and even since 1520, when a Jehan Carillon is mentioned in archives. The family still occupies the same site as they did then, between the church and the old château which belonged to the original nobles of the village. The motif on their label, showing a grape harvesting knife and the year 1632, is a reproduction of a carving above the door frame. The cuverie is built with the stones of the old château. The domaine was further extended when Louis married his wife, who was from Chassagne-Montrachet. Over the years, additional buildings throughout the village were added to the Carillon's holdings and converted to winemaking facilities. The couple's sons, Jacques and François, continued in the family tradition, with Jacques making the wines and François looking after the vines. In 2009, the brothers decided to separate the domaine. The 2009 vintage was the last under the shared domaine, and 2010 was the first vintage where the wine was made in separate cellars.
Please Note: Brand profiles are neither created nor managed by SevenFifty. We cannot guarantee the quality of the information provided.