Sevenfifty

The King's

In 1900, Edward bought a Daimler car, and thus became the first member of the Royal family to own an automobile. In 1905, he purchased seven more Daimlers in a single year. The Royal Physician became concerned about the monarch's health, exposed as he was to the elements by his passion for riding these horseless carriages. In 1903, Berry Bros. was granted a Royal Warrant and commissioned to formulate a liqueur which would warm and revivify His Majesty during his morning rides: The King's Ginger was born. In addition to serving as a tonic after a session of driving, The King's Ginger also became a tradition at the King's hunts. It is no coincidence, perhaps, that in the first season after the creation of the ginger liqueur, a record 1,300 partridge were shot in one day at Sandringham. In 2009, more than a century later, Berry Bros. & Rudd resumed production of The King's Ginger for a new generation to enjoy.

Please Note: Brand profiles are neither created nor managed by SevenFifty. We cannot guarantee the quality of the information provided.